'Pure Paper' Single-Wall Liner-Free Recyclable & Compostable Cup 250ml- Paper
SELECT PACK SIZE BELOW
Most paper cups are not actually paper at all, but white card (fibreboard) laminated with plastic, making them a mixed material and therefore difficult to recycle. While it is true that some companies pay for their plastic-lined cups to be recycled, the vast majority end up in land-fill because it is not economically viable to recycle these cups outside of a dedicated scheme.
Until now, the plastic liner has been fundamental to a paper cup's construction - it is what sticks the cup together and stops the fibreboard absorbing the drink and disintegrating. These linerless cups achieve the same thing by using a latex-based spray-on coating that enables the cup to function long enough to be usable but not so long as to preserve the cup when being pulped. This means that these cups can be recycled directly with paper and card, and the valuable cellulose fibres can be reclaimed to make more fibre-based products, before eventually breaking down in to a natural biomass.
They are amazing! A fantastic advance on everything that has come before and a really important product for reducing our use of single-use plastic.
- No green washing: The 'Pure Paper' range is made in Europe to proven standards of quality, sustainability and ethics.
- Ethically sourced: The fibre-board is made in Finland from sustainably managed European forests, with a PEFC certificate number printed on the side of the cup.
- Recycle directly with paper and card: Aticelca® 501 UNI 11743 (level A) certification, again printed on the side of the cup, proving that it can be recycled with paper.
- Compostable: The cup achieves EN13432 standards for industrial composting (but recycling preserves more of its value and is the preferred end-of-life scenario).
- 'Pure Paper' branding: Deliberately minimal: enough to explain its goodness, but not enough to contaminate the cup. The branding is in three languages: English, French & Italian.
- Seven sizes: 100ml (3oz), 120ml (4oz), 150ml (5oz), 180ml (6oz), 200ml (7oz), 250ml (8oz), 350ml (12oz) (search for 'Pure Paper' in Products)
- Lids: Made from the same plastic-free board as the cup, lids will be available from mid 2021.
- For cold drinks and hot drinks: Single wall, non-insulated. This cup is more suited to cold drinks than hot drink takeaway applications.
Material European sourced PEFC-cerified fibre-board with water-based dispersion coating.
Rim Diameter 80mm
Brim Capacity 250ml (8oz)
Lined At No fill line
Pack Size 1680 (28 packs of 60)
Typical delivery if ordered before 2pm.
Standard Mainland UK delivery 2-3 working days
Remote UK & Non Mainland Delivery 3-5 working days
European Delivery 5-7 working days